Just a guess. The CPF9801 is happening on a different command then you think?
The CHKOBJ command is at statement 129.00? Or is the error occurring at a different command?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Smith, Mike
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:39 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: MONMSG question

So I had something weird happen the other day. I got called on a program failing and when I looked at it, I don't see why the MONMSG did not handle it.
I have to be missing something basic...

The CL program is passed several parameters, there's a DCLF, some variables defined and then the programs starts.
There are no Global MONMSG.
The program does a couple security things and then starts a loop.

Loop:
RCVF
MONMSG CPF0864 EXEC(GOTO EXIT) <-- This one seems to work
:
:
"Logic"
:
:
GOTO LOOP
EXIT:
CHKOBJ QGPL/&NAME *DTAQ
MONMSG CPF9801 EXEC(GOTO ENDOFJOBS) <-- This is the one that isn't working. If it's coded to handle the situation of the object not being there, it should have just jumped to the end.

CALL QSNDDTAQ(Parameters)

ENDOFJOBS:
ENDPGM

Job log:

CPF9801 Escape 40 06/17/12 08:53:02.251402 QSNDDTAQ QSYS 03B0 <PGMNAME> <LIBRARY> 01CA
Message . . . . : Object <Object Name> in library QGPL not found.
Cause . . . . . : The object <Object Name> in library QGPL type *DTAQ not found.
The object name, library name, or the object type is not correct. If the
library name is not specified, the object may be in a library that is not
contained in the library list. Recovery . . . : Correct the object name,
library name, or object type. If the library name was not specified,
specify the library name and try the request again.

CPF9999 Escape 40 06/17/12 08:53:02.288280 QMHUNMSG *N <PGMNAME> <LIBRARY> 01CA
Message . . . . : Function check. CPF9801 unmonitored by SPP4102 at
statement 12900, instruction X'01CA'.
Cause . . . . . : An escape exception message was sent to a program which

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Mike.

Confidentiality: This transmission, including any attachments, is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). This transmission may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The use or disclosure of the information contained in this transmission, including any attachments, for any purpose other than that intended by its transmittal is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this email is a violation of federal criminal law. If you are not an intended recipient of this transmission, please immediately destroy all copies received and notify the sender.