From: Alan Campin <alan0307d@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 06/12/2012 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: data Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) on Iseries

We have triggers wired on to all of our major tables and using a
trigger mediator. Every time a record is inserted, updated or deleted,
the trigger fires and a service program runs that transforms the data
to a normalized database.

We have seen very little in the way of a performance hit. We turned
everything on and were expecting a big hit but nobody said a thing.

Unless you have some need like we need to have real time updates I
would not recommend this method. Better to go with a data queue or
RCVJRNE running in a batch job.