The "Open" determines if the physical row data being added\updated will be [or will not be] registered to an activate commit definition. The open of an LF or a shared Open Query are both ODPs which may have been created\activated with the specified intent to open with CmtCtl active.... same as a PF might be. No matter which ODP [activated with CmtCtl; PF, LF, or Query open] is used to Update or Insert records in the physical file, the changes are recorded\registered with the active commit definition as "Record level" resources [as shown by WRKCMTDFN]. All of the changes are rolled back, irrespective of via which ODP the change to the record was made; i.e. for each ODP that was scoped to the same active CmtDfn for which changes are being rolled back, its changes are rolled back. Note: an ODP may have since been closed; i.e. the ODP need not remain, for its active\pending changes to await COMMIT [or in the questioned scenario, awaiting ROLLBACK].

Regards, Chuck