On 30 May 2012 08:29, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Wasn't there some IBM site which had cumes and groups stored for
various versions of the OS as an alternative to Fix Central? May not
be kept quite as current...

Try the following search on the web:
"testcase" "cumulative" "PTF" "ftp"

Probably yield a link with text like [my browser is acting up today...]:
"ftp://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/fromibm/os400... For V5R4"

For example:

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/e84e2695cec6aa51862579d8005e3625?OpenDocument
Document Number: 630021141
Functional Area: Operating System
Subfunctional Area: Save/Restore
Sub-Subfunctional Area: PTFs
OS/400 Release: V5R4M0; V5R4M5; V6R1M0; V6R1M1; V7R1M0
Product: OS/400 PTF MANAGEMNT (5722SS1PZ)
I5/OS (5761SS1PZ)
IBM I PTF MGT (5770SS1PZ)
Product Release: N/A
Document Title
Installation / Cumulative Package ISOs

Document Description
During the weekend of April 14 and 15, the Fix Central Web site will not be available. For customers that must have the latest Cumulative, DataBase, or Hiper group PTF packages, there will be a temporary FTP site available for you to access so that you can download the images containing those PTFs. The temporary FTP site is available at the following URL:

ftp://testcase.boulder.ibm.com/fromibm/os400

For V7R1:
I_Base_01_RSD_R710.iso
B_GROUP3_01.iso

Once these images are on your PC, you can burn each image to a CD/DVD as a single image, one image per CD/DVD. You can then use this media for your installation process.
"

Regards, Chuck