From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 05/18/2012 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: TR4 tidbits...

I could have sworn the ptf cover letter for ptf's used to have stuff in
there like special instructions that may help cover this (if truly
needed). Apparently not.
http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.nsf/a18db68aae4a7d81862566ba005d145c/4439c976eb48fe998625779a00160ad3?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,sf99707

I am wondering if it's not a 'perm' required but rather more of a double
ipl because of some coreq's/prereqs. There is a fine line in the
difference. Mainly we often have 'test' ptfs. If I apply those
permanently it really vexes the IBMer who generated that. Because to fix
the issue they can't just reissue it; they have to superceed it. Or kick
me (painfully) and have me reload and start over on PTFs.

I do perm apply all ptfs (except those dealing with Domino) when upgrading

OS. Only then.