Hi,

connecting to multiple databases is possible and supported by ArdGate from it's very beginning. You can read from one connection, switch to another by SET CONNECTION and read or write to another database. Using STRSQL you could redirect the output to the local database and transfer a table via select statement from a remote database of any colour to the local blue database. Up to now there is (was?) a DB2 restriction, that you couldn't use tables from two diffrent databases in one SQL statement, so that it is a little bit clumsy to handle.
I don't have any details regarding the new announced feature and so I don't know wether it will be available for the ARDPGM interface. If IBM does support this, it should work with ArdGate and if it won't I will take it to my priority list and ArdGate will support this, as soon as I will have acccess to a box with this feature implemented!!!
ArdGate is Open Source and available for free at sourceforge and the currrent Release is very stable.I will be at the next European Common Congress at Vienna and present 2 sessions about ArdGate and how to implement fast and very scalable interaction between RPG and Java (using AppServer4RPG). I would be glad to present ArdGate at a Common Conference in USA too, but the conditions are by far too expensive for a one man show,without any sponsoring, paying for the travel, hotel and conference fee.In June I will be at a german conference and at the next German Annual Common Conference too.
In my opinion the interest of IBM to provide database drivers to connect to other databases is very limited. DRDA is a server side approach and the documentation of DRDA is not so valuable, as it should be and the ÁRDPGM interface has some limitations, but nevertheless it would be possible to provide a bridge from DRDA to JDBC, running at the client site, or the server site, as it would be preferred (maybe the upcoming Paris-Moscow project...)

D*B