That might work if you're using unicode to store ASCII data....

But if you've got true unicode data, it's not going to work...

Charles

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Rich Loeber <rich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello List,

  Here's a bit of a followup on this item .... I mentioned late yesterday
  that I was working in COBOL .... well, it turns out that COBOL has a built
  in capability of doing these conversions for you right in the database
  read.  Really simplifies my life to have this.

  On the PROCESS statement, you need the following options:

          NTLCCSID(13488) CVTPICNGRAPHIC

  Then, when you read the database with the GRAPHIC field that is defined as
  UCS_2, it will return the correct field values to you that you can then
  work with.

  Rich Loeber - @richloeber
  Kisco Information Systems
  [1]http://www.kisco.com