It appears that Iseries shops are split between anytime/daily (5 responses) and weekly (4 responses).

There was one shop (my shop) that has monthly promotions.

I was curious if this is common, and obviously it is WAY outside the norm.

Although 10 responses is a small sample, it is probably indicative of the norm to some extent.

Interesting asides:

* Two people expressed that they would like to see LESS frequent promotions (ie one was DAILY and would prefer WEEKLY, and one was WEEKLY and would prefer MONTHLY or even QUARTERLY).
(That seems opposite of what I would have expected)

* It would appear that SMALLER shops enjoy MORE frequent promotions, and LARGER shops have more constraints in place

* It probably depends on a person's perspective - for someone responsible for reducing risk; monthly or quarterly installs look best. For developers and users, daily promos may look most appealing.

It seems to me that once a shop gets past weekly promotions, the developer loses touch with what he did a month ago. When the promotion blows up, it is very difficult to get back into the frame of mind that he was working on 3 or 4 projects ago. That seems like REAL risk!

Thanks for your responses.

This outbound email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Skyscan service.