From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 2:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: System Hung

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzal2/rzal2use
power.htm

I've been multilpar so long that I am forgetting single lpar machines but I
seem to remember something about you may have to change to manual mode
before that will work.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Jerry C. Adams" <midrange@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange-L" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 04/20/2012 03:03 PM
Subject: System Hung

Our Model 250 has been hung for the last 30 minutes. The Processor light
is
on solid. The only thing that anyone admits doing at the time was me; I
was
looking at error messages from a failed test. I doubt (but obviously
can't
verify right now) that the disks are full. The other day we were sitting
at
about 40% used.

I tried to re-IPL the system but I can't get the front panel to display
option '3' - Start IPL. Short of pulling the plug (which I'm about to do)
how can I get this box to re-IPL?

Thanks.

Jerry C. Adams

IBM i Programmer/Analyst