This isn't a case of having a memory card in the printers where the spool
is being sent down to the printer and you can't get to the reports is it.
Take a 10000 page report and change the spooled file to save and start at
page 9000-9005, spooled file should go on save. For all the work your
going to do to go back to a previous PTF state where your back on the 'B'
side, won't you then be back to the same problem as you have now just perm
applied on 'A'. Maybe it(s) a firmware issue with the printers, your
running some very old code so who knows if it is the 'I' or the printer
itself.