Well you can install another drive, format it if it shows DPHnnnn (write protected), then use the copy disk unit data - not the copy load source.

Now you can power down, swap the LS and the new drive and come back up.

You will however have this issue: The new LS drive is not RAID protected because the O/S copied it's DATA not it's SECTORS. So a better option would be:

Install it
Format. This is a good idea even if you don't need to.
Include it in RAID. If you formatted it first this will be very fast. If not it will format it.
NOW copy disk unit data.
Power down
Swap the drives physically.
Power back up. Possibly you'll be able to exclude that drive from RAID and if you can then you can physically pull it out. If you cannot exclude it (because it has RAID strip data on it) then it will have to stay for now.

If you attempt an 'out of the box' drive duplication it will fail to IPL because the LIC absolutely cares about serial numbers. Every drive has a copy of the list of drives in the ASP so it knows if they have all checked in.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis