There is no good way to answer this question since there are too many variables. V6 is a bit more sensitive to memory and disk arms, but you get back quite a bit in other places. The best way to answer your question is to use Performance Navigator from Midrange Performance Group (I am a registered re-marketer of MPG but I'm sure a partner in your area is too) Collect the data for a few weeks and then run it though the tool. It will give you a very good idea of what you might expect in a jump from V5R4 to V6. V5R2 is too far back to make good judgement about. Most partners can use the software on your box for 30 days for just such a project. There is a cost for the software, and I'm sure the partner will charge you for the analysis. MPG will also do it for you for a fee.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects