If you are on release 6.1 or higher, you do not need any CL:
1. Create a dummy file named SALES (based on the DDS description or even as
SQL Table)
2. Specify the SALES table in composition with keyword EXTDESC(SALES)
ExtDesc will only be used at compile time to find the file/field
description to be included in the module/program
3. Use the keyword EXTFILE(MyVar) in composition with an variable in the
F-Specs.
4. Define the file as user controlled open.
5. In your program move the file name with the appropriate year into your
variable (MYVAR) and open the file:

F SALES IF E Disk ExtDesc(SALES)
UsrOpn
ExtName(MyVar)
/Free
If %Open(Sales);
Close Sales;
EndIf;
MyVar = 'SALES' + MyYearChar;
Open Sales;

Use dynamic SQL to access whatever table/file/view you want.
Static SQL is not possible, because setting tables/files and views with host
variables is NOT allowed.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)