From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:48 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: ILE PGM getting authority error when it does have authority

Gary,

I wouldn't use WRKOBJ. Watch this:
CRTPF FILE(ROB/HIDDEN) RCDLEN(10)
GRTOBJAUT OBJ(ROB/HIDDEN) OBJTYPE(*FILE) USER(*PUBLIC) AUT(*EXCLUDE) CRTUSRPRF USRPRF(DUMMY) USRCLS(*USER) SPCAUT(*NONE) sign on as dummy ADDLIBLE LIB(ROB) POSITION(*FIRST) WRKOBJ OBJ(*LIBL/HIDDEN) (Cannot find object to match specified name.) This would lead you to assume that it doesn't exist. However, DSPOBJD OBJ(*LIBL/HIDDEN) OBJTYPE(*FILE)
CPF2189 - Not authorized to object HIDDEN in ROB type *FILE.

Those of us routinely running under *ALLOBJ forget the trials and tribulations of those that aren't. As such, our tests are invalid.