Richard

Thanks

I have spent a long time on google finding almost nothing. The Common
request seems like a good idea.

Jim

------------------------------

message: 4
date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:29:48 -0500
from: Richard Schoen <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Printing web format images (JPG) from IBM i

Jim,

Probably your best bet is to learn how to use iText or some other PDF
builder to embed images in your PDF documents.

Or at the risk of hearing from Whiny-Rob again, purchase commercial
software :-)

There is also:
-QIMGCVTI API, but I don't see any good examples.
-There are DOS utilities you can purchase to convert them from the PC.
-Call IBM and ask for help or submit to COMMON as a 2020 request as Dan
mentioned.

Google and experimentation is your friend, unless you're being paid by the
hour :-)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
------------------------------

message: 7
date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:02:47 -0500
from: James Horn <jdhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Printing web format images (JPG) from IBM i

Thanks guys for keeping this thread alive. It sure would be nice if some
IBM'er (or anyone) who actually has access to a complete answer would step
in. Or if there is someone out there who can say "Sure, we use this all
the time on this printer. Here's a little sample code." The keyword
AFPRSC has been around for so long you would think the answer would exist.
If we keep printing from rpg, we are all probably going to need this
functionality soon.

Does it only work on some printers? If so, some examples and why?
Does it only work to create pdf's? If so what are the techniques and
gotchas of sending the pdf back to the printer?
Do you need Infoprint?
Do you need psf/400?

------------------------------

message: 5
date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 14:32:35 +0000
from: "Stone, Joel" <Joel.Stone@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: we are using Aldon Lifecycle Manager for System i - how
to create a file conversion pgm

Why is a very simple CL with CPYF a poor choice? It will do the job
WITHOUT naming fields, and could be used on ANY file conversion - as
opposed to SQL, which would need specific fields named and is NOT reusable
for other files??

Step1:
To copy data with ONLY field name changes (no new fields, no field length
changes:
CPYF *nochk from SOURCELIB to QTEMP version of file with field name changes

Step2:
CPYF *MAP *DROP from QTEMP to TARGETLIB version of file with field name
changes AND new fields inserted.

Please explain why this simple, reusable method would be a poor choice??