On 05-Apr-2012 07:14 , Stone, Joel wrote:
CPYF has no support? Please see my next response - I don't
understand!!

CRPence on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 6:15 PM
On 04-Apr-2012 14:51 , Stone, Joel wrote:
I'm trying to write a CL routine to promote a file with fields
renamed AND several fields added into the middle of the record
format.

I am looking for an example data conversion program. If you have
one you could share to get me started, that would be great!

1) CPYF *nochk to copy the data 2) CPYF *map to move the data
into the proper fields

<<SNIP>>

Irrespective of CMS, the CPYF has no support to effect [well], the
described changes; i.e. not without either significant data loss
or using multiple passes of DDL and data-copy activity. <<SNIP>>

That response [On 05-Apr-2012 07:32 , Stone, Joel wrote:] is copied below for reference, as if it were part of the quoted message for my reply, with the above quoted text left for context. My reply follows the quoted text below: