Just curious. What happens if the 5250 session is disconnected? User
just enters their user profile to reconnect?

John McKee

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charles is spot on - multiple users on a single desktop - each Windows
user is mapped to one user profile - if you don't force logging out of
Windows somehow, then it's the same as someone just leaving their
windows box running unlocked with a 5250 session open - security
breakdown - using SSO can't solve this human engineering issue.

A similar issue is, if a person needs to be an admin sometimes and a
regular user otherwise - those would need multiple windows logins - each
mapped to a different user profile - in the simplest scenario. There are
some additional EIM config things that might help here - haven't studied
that far yet.

I suppose, theoretically, that you COULD map many-one or one-many or
many-many in EIM - again, I've not tried much of that. I know that in
our app I could handle multiple mappings to our app users, maybe
displaying the choices. But this still depends on a single windows
domain user having been authenticated, not several.

The KISS principle applies strongly here.

HTH
Vern