From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of thomas burrows
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 12:36 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Physical File "G" fields - Hope I have the correct list

If I have the wrong list please forgive and push to correct one.

When using the Client Access Express Data Transfer Excel add-in I can
automatically create a physical file on the iSeries. However, most of the
fields show are created show a "G" data type format.

Questions:
1. How does one read such a field. My COBOL program is erroring out.
2. When creating the iSeries PF I have attempted to make Character fields
that are the correct length. Then run a dummy download from the iSeries to
the PC creating me a FDF file. That FDF file does not work when I try to
upload from the EXCEL spreadsheet using the Express Data Transfer Excel
Add-in.

Not sure what I am missing.

Thomas