Hi,

Jerry C. Adams
> First, about two weeks ago I connected a PC printer in our warehouse manager's office to our System i (V5R1) via PC5250 printer emulation. Worked great - until yesterday.
> The reports, documents, etc., for the two girls in the office started printing to this new printer (BB), even though the OCL or CL explicitly referenced a different printer. I even changed a procedure so that the

Kirk
> CHGS36 cmd and the 2 options S/36 display IDs, S/36 printer IDs and make sure the device names in fact line line up the way you expect it to.

Jim Franz
An override printer file (ovrprtf) in the job stack could do this. Also, because the // printer statement is optional, is it possible the printer statement is not functional if the printer output file in pgm not same as ocl printer name ?

Steven Spencer
Right. Notice that you mentioned "OCL or CL" so there could be some contention. One possibility, very easy to test, would be to change the OCL // PRINTER to OVRPRTF, (which is legal to do) since that would not contend with a previous CL statement. (btw, Is there a "clear" command for OVRPRTF ?)

Is this all running via Client Access ? In general, the IBM Rochester techies would take a PMR on this, and walk you through a few ideas. Even if is something silly, they tend to be quite helpful.

I just ran into a situation where I had to change S36 device descriptions, after a port switch. Sometimes you try to delete the spool writer and output queue and then bring them back up by auto-config, and change the CHGS36 device by hand, if necessary. If somehow the rock solid OS got confused, this acts as a reset.

Steven Spencer
Queens, NY