On 07-Mar-2012 09:56 , Vern Hamberg wrote:

<<SNIP>>

Deleting the program - or even the DTAQ - would cause the job to end
in error - no problem in this case, maybe.

Why do you suppose either would end the job if ENDJOB does not? If the DEQ operation does not respond to ENDJOB, then there is unlikely to be any response by either the program going missing from the stack or the queue object disappearing; i.e. the job is in an indefinite wait state, pending an event which is the arrival of an entry to the queue. That "wait" is within the LIC, not above the MI. Until something occurs for which the LIC either must /return/ to the missing program, or the LIC must /touch/ the queue [to notice the missing queue object], I do not expect either generally to have any effect. Even deleting the program and _then_ issuing ENDJOB is not going to assist, if the origin for the ENDJOB having no effect is per the dequeue instruction never returning from the LIC.

Regardless, anything other than investigating the reason the ENDJOB is not properly effected, is little more than a circumvention, and whatever the problem is will almost surely remain. IMO the problem is best determined and eliminated, to prevent recurrence, esp. during actual production work instead of just during testing.

Regards, Chuck