I've been trying to figure out a way to extract a PDF to TXT so I can read
some information from it.

I saw PDFBOX references in the midrange wiki, and several threads in
archive.midrange.com.

I downloaded and extracted PDFBox to /qibm/userdata/Java400/ext, copied the
sample program from the wiki, but it gets an error when I try to run it.

(http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/PDFBox)

This line in the RPG fails:

myDocument = PDDocument_new();

Message ID . . . . . . : RNX0301 Severity . . . . . . . : 50

Message type . . . . . : Escape

Date sent . . . . . . : 03/05/12 Time sent . . . . . . : 10:27:30

Message . . . . : Java exception received when calling Java method.

Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure JAVAPDFR in program MYLIB/JAVAPDFR
received

Java exception "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/PDDocument" when calling method "<init>" with

signature "()V" in class "org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument".

I managed to get the HSSF stuff working by following the docs, so something
Java works on the system.

This noob would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Jack

This thread ...