Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Michael Schutte
Gesendet: Friday, 02. March 2012 17:10
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: Journaling commit issue with SQL open path remaining open.

Having an issue with a continuously running program.

CL program is scheduled to run. This CL program will issue DLYJOB 600
after making calls to RPGLE and SQLRPGLE programs and then wake up and do
it all over again.

One of the programs that it calls is a SQLRPGLE program. The SQL program
was compiled with CLOSQLCSR(*ENDACTGRP).

This program declares a cursor (for read only).
Opens the cursor
Fetch one record
Dow sqlcod = 0

SQL Selects to the same file defined in the cursor.
SQL Inserts, deletes and or updates occur.

fetch next record
Enddo
Close the cursor
*Inlr = *on
Return

When the program ends, you still see the files active when you do a 14 to
do a DSPJOB for the cl that is running.

I do understand that you can change the compile to CLOSQLCSR(*ENDMOD) and
that might fix the issue. Or do a RCLRSC in the cl before going to asleep.

The issue is that the Journal Commits are backing up and not executing
because the file is still active. This has only become a problem since
yesterday, the program has been running for several months. (FYI, the job
does end daily and restarts daily but runs for the entire day with the
delay wait of 600).

There doesn't appear to be any changes made to the iSeries. I would have
imagined that if the SQL open data paths were causing this Journal Entry,
then would have been a BIG problem at my previous employer where SQL was
widely used.

Any thoughts?

Hope I was clear.