Thanks Scott.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Scott Klement
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi Jeff,

XLPARSER4 is for reading the whole spreadsheet.

The POI Java classes (and my HSSFR4 utilities for working with them)
have routines to retrieve cells. For example, if you want cell C15, you
need to get column 2 (since col A=0, B=1, C=2) and row 14 (since their
numbered from 0 in POI)

rowno = 14;
colno = 2;

row = SSSheet_getRow( mySheet: rowno );
cell = SSRow_getCell( row : colno );

Now you have a POI SSCell object. You can retrieve it's contents using:

SSCell_getCellType() -- tells you the type of cell
(numeric, string, formula, etc)

SSCell_getFormula() -- retrieves a formula

SSCell_getNumericCellValue() -- retrieves a number

SSCell_getStringValue() -- retrieves a string

...etc...