We use our production Power machine model 8203-E4A as a mixed load
server for our manufacturing business, according to my understanding of
loads. We have 8GB of memory, 150 interactive (5250) users, and 40
people running web browser apps QZDASOINIT for Java, QRWTSRVR for PHP.

QINTER run priority is 20. Time slice 1400. Eligible for purge *YES.
Threads 1.

QRWTSRVR run priority is 20. Time slice 2000. Eligible for purge *YES.
Threads 1. Runs in *SHRPOOL1

QZDASOINIT run priority is 21. Time slice 50000 (fifty thousand).
Eligible for purge *NO. Threads 1. Runs in *SHRPOOL1

I believe our system does NOT adjust jobs within priority band ranges.

If QZDASOINIT and QRWTSRVR jobs were set to priority 30, would that
begin adjusting jobs within priority band ranges, as described next?

This system value allows you to turn on (1) and turn off (0) the dynamic
priority scheduler. The task scheduler uses this system value to
determine the scheduling of jobs for the processor. When enabled, the
dynamic priority scheduler will adjust job priorities within priority
bands, depending on each job's use of system resources. This typically
allows greater throughput on the system, but may slightly alter the
priority relationship between jobs within a band. For example,
priorities 10-16 are in Band 1, 17-22 are in Band 2, 23-35 are in Band
3, 36-46 are in Band 4, 47-51 are in Band 5 and 52-89 are in Band 6.

Regardless of the value assigned to this system value, any jobs that are
given a priority of 0 through 9 are put in a high-priority band 0. This
band is always checked first by the task dispatcher before any other
dynamic priority bands are checked. If a job in this band becomes
processor bound (by looping), the job can lock the system.