You can start multiple print writers for the same outq. We do that 24/7
for 2 Zebra label printers that are side by side.

STRPRTWTR DEV(ZEBRA1) OUTQ(ZEBRA)
STRPRTWTR DEV(ZEBRA2) OUTQ(ZEBRA)

Whichever writer is started first gets every spool file, unless it happens
to be busy printing a previous spool file. In that case the next spool
file starts writing on the 2nd device. Ta da! Two printers handling the
same outq at the same time. Works great.

There is no 'rule' that says the outq name has to match the print device
name.