I don't know if you can have a VCP in REXX - you certainly can use REXX as the CPP, and in some ways it is an absolute dream! Parsing mixed lists - well, it couldn't be simpler.

HTH (other than that last paragraph!!!)
Vern

On 2/9/2012 9:55 AM, Mark Walter wrote:
Use the QMHSNDPM API.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Allen
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:26 AM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Can a Command Validity Check program be an RPG ILE program

Can a Command Validity Check program be an RPG ILE program

If yes, how is the SNDPGMMSG supposed to be handled in the RPG?

In my test I use QCMDEXEC to execute a SNDPGMMSG *ESCAPE parms and it runs
right through and continues on processing the command

I am just now trying to learn this process so bear with me if this is a
stupid question J.

Thanks

John