To finish up this thread, this was exactly the problem. Thanks for the
solution Scott!
--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.me

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Scott Klement
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Hi Mike,

%USERPROFILE% typically evaluates to a directory name with spaces in it.
For Example, in my WinXP Pro box, it evaluates to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Scott

The problem this causes is that blanks in a command string are treated
as parameter separators. When all is said and done, your command looks
like this (should be one line -- please forgive that the e-mail software
wraps it):

copy \\192.168.0.200\exportfiles\customersbysalesperson.csv c:\Documents
and Settings\whomever\Documents

The "copy" command is expecting two parameters, an from file and a
destination file. Trouble is, you're passing it 4 parameters, because
each blank is treated as a parameter separator. So your "from" file is
okay, but your destination file looks like 3 separate parameters to the
copy command. And this results in the message "The syntax of the
command is incorrect."

A simple fix is to add double quotes:

ExecClCmd('CALL PGM(RUNPCCMD) ' +
'PARM(''copy \\192.168.0.200\exportfiles\' +
'customersbysalesperson.csv ' +
'"%USERPROFILE%\Documents"'')');

Now the destination filename is all a single parameter (due to the
quotes) "c:\documents and settings\scott\Documents"

However -- I suspect you really wanted this to go into a *folder* named
documents (instead of creating a file with that name). In Windows XP,
that folder would be named "My Documents" (not just Documents) correct
me if I'm wrong. So you really want this:

ExecClCmd('CALL PGM(RUNPCCMD) ' +
'PARM(''copy \\192.168.0.200\exportfiles\' +
'customersbysalesperson.csv ' +
'"%USERPROFILE%\My Documents"'')');

I don't know if that folder is still named "My Documents" in Vista or
Win7, though... You'd probably know that better than I do. But if it's
different on different versions of Windows, then you have another
challenge...