On 02-Feb-2012 11:59 , Needles,Stephen J wrote:
We are occasionally receiving an SQL7049 error. The reason code has
been lost, but the one that makes the most sense is Reason Code 1
that indicates the number of Open Result Sets has exceeded the limit.
We never see the error on the i... it appears on the .net client
consuming the data.

<<SNIP subject question>>

Ignoring the question... The following might be relevant to the described failing scenario?:

_i SI45067 - OSP-DB-OTHER-RC1-MSGSQL7049 i_
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas3a910abb78949616b8625795f000626e2
"
the SQLNextResult API was used to access additional result sets returned by a stored procedure.

CORRECTION FOR APAR SE49862 :
The SQLNextResult API has been changed to prevent the SQL7049.
"

As a fairly recent APAR\PTF, not currently on a cumulative in v6r1, the visibility of a sibling [sysrouted] APAR for v7r1 may be pending completion of a PTF for that later release... or perhaps just not also an issue for the IBM i 7.1 SQL.

Regards, Chuck