You are reading the names wrong. The 64a is for 'all other' 64 bit versions while the 64i is for Itanium. What's that you say? You don't see 64i in there? Yep that's right it's no longer supported so the only things left are 32 bit and 64a which is the one you want. The 'a' is not for 'AMD'.

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/as400/products/clientaccess/win32/v7r1m0/servicepack/si44594/image64a/

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

On 1/6/2012 8:52 PM, Harman, Roger wrote:
Well.... that worked fine on my computer - Win7/32.

BUT.... when attempting to install it on a 64-bit Win7 box, it tells me you have to be running 32-bit OS to install.

I don't see any references to 64-bit (other than AMD or Intel Xeon CPU's) on the IBM site. I may have to open a ticket Monday - unless someone here has an answer.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 6:04 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: rob@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: i Access V7.1 with OS V5R4

SI44594 is the latest SP for IBM i Access 7.1

All that information is here:
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/windows/casp.html

Updating beyond SI0000 is CRITICAL especially if you're using 64 bit OS.
The most annoying thing fixed is that drag and drop from the i to
windoze did not work at the base level. Being a fair number of folks
like dragging spooled files to their desktop that alone is worth doing
the current SP.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis