Well, TSPRWPR is used for a remote outq and TSPLPRD is used for a *3812 lan attach (using a device description). They both have the 2mb limitation. I've not had any problems with this in years.

My work-around for now was to change from a *3812 to a remote outq and remove the exit program completely. BUT... there have been no changes to the program, printer file, device, etc in ages. It's just a simple picking ticket form. No overlays or graphics - just lines & boxes.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces+roger.harman=knotts.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces+roger.harman=knotts.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryan Dietz
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2011 7:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CPF6DF9 on printer exit program

from here:
Document Title:
Configuring a *LAN 3812 Device Description that Uses the LPR Print
Driver (TSPLPRD) Exit Program

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/0/b3d7c3a57ab8e44c8625688d004f8309?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=4%2C8#_Section4

Transformed Data Buffer Size Limit of 2MB

There is a 2MB limit on the amount of transformed data that can be in a
single buffer. A single spooled file record is usually 4096 or 512 bytes
in size, but the transformed data can be much larger than that. It could
potentially run into the 2MB limitation if you are including a number of
page segments or something else that results in a large ratio of
transformed data per spooled file data.

but here:
Document Title:
TSPRWPR Remote Writer Page Range Support Exit Program
Note: This document previously was entitled Page Range Support on Remote
Output Queue (LPR).

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/584a2dee8678698386256624004b527e?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,CPF6DF9

Note: This document contains a new version of the TSPRWPR utility, dated
06/20/2002.
It corrects a problem where the writer will fail with message CPF6DF9 -
Transformed data buffer too small, when printing a large spooled file
containing image data and the Page range to print (PAGERANGE) parameter
is set to "1 *END" (so the entire spooled file is to be printed). It is
recommended that the TSPRWPR utility be restored from the attached save
file using the instructions in the section entitled Getting the Remote
Writer Page Range (TSPRWPR) Utility from the Attached Save File.
However, the TSPRWPR source code can be edited and the TSPRWPR program
recompiled using the instructions in the section entitled Getting the
Remote Writer Page Range (TSPRWPR) Utility from the QUSRTOOL Library.

looks like you should use TSPRWPR utility.

Bryan