On 29-Dec-2011 01:37 , Åke Olsson wrote:
We have an overnight job where we from time to time see an enormous
number of job logs. Last night over 91 thousand pages.

Most of this is repeats of the same information and it all happens
in the flow between calls to two programs:

The starting point for the issues is a call to non-sql program.

We get a CPF8361 "Cannot place resource under commitment control.
Reason code 6" Followed by SQL0752 "Connection cannot be changed"
SQL0900 "Application process not in a connected state."

And this continues for another 90785 pages of joblog - same three
messages in that sequence.
The time used by this is just under 3 minutes.

I have checked all SQL programs in the flow to see if there could be
any SQL statements with problems and found none. We do not user
journaling or commitment control at all.

Any ideas on where to look?

The best place to start would be with the messages, but viewed for the full details available from a LOG(4 0 *SECLVL) spooled joblog. That will show all of the replacement text for each message as well as exactly which program(s) receive the errors [i.e. the "to" program] such as the program that apparently is wanting to place some resource under CmtCtl for which that request is being denied, and the program(s) that identified both the resource as being ineligible for the request [i.e. the "from" program] and the connection status difficulties.

Which release of the LIC and OS [plus optionally PTF cumulative and database group levels] is installed where the problem is being encountered might be relevant to assist in excluding unrelated defect searches. The first listed error has a partial [per lack of the full second level spooled joblog message details] symptom string which could be used in a defect search [though alone, produces results spanning several releases] as:
msgCPF8361 RC6

Regards, Chuck