I saw two emails like this suggesting a web page to reset the password. The flow should be user requests password reset, email is sent, user clicks a link in the email, THEN the password is reset. The way it's worded below implies any user could reset any password. You don't want that. April Fools day would have hundreds of password resets!
--
Sean Porterfield

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Monnier, Gary
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 10:56
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: method to let user reset their own password

Lim,

You could also set up a Web page the user can use to request their profile be re-activated. The process sends the request to the system in question which then e-mails back a temporary password and/or notification their profile has been re-activated. Maybe a page that launches their client connection to the system in question?

You could do the same thing with a generic profile via 5250.

Gary