Jim,

Can you can use a series of SBMRMTCMD/RUNRMTCMD commands to run
something like the following?

CRTLIB LIB(MYTMPLIB)

DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*JRN) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(MYTMPLIB/JOURNALS)

Run a command or call a program that utilizes the
Retrieve Journal Information (QjoRetrieveJournalInformation) API and
puts the info

into a table (MYTMPLIB/RMTJRNINFO). You will probably have to have this
installed. SNTNETF of a save file might do the trick.

SNDNETF FILE(MYTMPLIB/RMTJRNINFO) TOUSRID((SOMEID
SOMEADR))

DLTLIB LIB(MYTMPLIB)

So now you have a list of all the remote journals and their attributes
on the remote system.

An idea anyway.

Gary