On 07-Nov-2011 14:09 , jmoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

<<SNIP>>

Is there a way to Read IFS files containing variable record length
records?

The CPYFRMSTMF is not behaving well against a flat file that has a
variable length min (2000) and max (6736)
Using the CPYFRMSTMF interface and everyone of the EndOfLine formats
has not allowed me to map the file correctly

Since the allowed values of ENDLINFMT define the end-of-record, the first of the two comments just above, seem to suggest that any 6736 bytes should be followed by line-end character(s). Should the reader infer that the problem is with the message CPIA083 indicating "&4 records were truncated during the copy operation.", or perhaps something else better describes the difficulty?

<<SNIP>>

It should not have to be hard at all. You get an IFS file with or
without variable length records and we should be able to map that to
a flat database file.
If the file does not exist, ... why not create it! ... (wishing for
much!)

Any recommendations?.

FWiW: In my experience the FTP PUT will create a database file with a record length matching the longest record of the data in the stream file. I just tested the following with success; the longest record of the STMF was 3807, each with *CRLF as EOR marker:

put vlenstmf /qsys.lib/mylib.lib/new.file/new.mbr

dspffd mylib/new /* field NEW CHAR len:3807 ccsid:500 */

Regards, Chuck