The IBM DB2 for i 7.1 SQL provides for the ability of "HLL Programs" to "Easily Process Result Sets From Stored Procedures":
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0801.html?Open
"In IBM i V5.4 and V6.1, traditional programming languages, such as RPG and COBOL, did not have the ability to retrieve result sets returned by a Stored Procedure unless they used the SQL Call Level Interface for the Stored Procedure call. With the release of IBM i V7.1 in April 2010, several enhancements were added to IBM. DB2 i for V7.1. One of these enhancements is that the SQL for DB2 for i V7.1 now supports two new SQL statements: ASSOCIATE LOCATOR and ALLOCATE CURSOR These two SQL statements allow RPG and COBOL programs to easily consume result sets coming from Stored Procedures.

For related information about this topic, refer to the following IBM Redbooks publication:
IBM i 7.1 Technical Overview, SG24-7858-00
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedbookAbstracts/SG247858.html
"

The above was just the first result from a web search. An InfoCenter link:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/sqlp/rbafyreceiveresult.htm

But with regard to the query by the OP, updated [inout and output] "parameter values" for invoked stored procedures are not the equivalent of a "result set" that additionally could be returned to the caller or client. And of course a UDTF, a VIEW, or a GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE might be a possible alternative to a "result set" for use by some applications where specific benefits of an actual result set are not a requirement per:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/sqlp/rbafyresultsets.htm
"Returning result sets from stored procedures

In addition to returning output parameters, a stored procedure can return a result set (that is, a result table associated with a cursor opened in the stored procedure) to the application that issues the CALL statement. The application can then issue fetch requests to read the rows of the result set cursor. ...

There are many cases where opening the cursor in a stored procedure and returning its result set provides advantages over opening the cursor directly in the application. ...
"

Regards, Chuck