Thanks Alan, I'll include those. To come up with error messages I was simply forcing the ftp to fail (via the script) for a number of reasons and reviewed the results. Most of our FTPing is done to one particular system, but that's not always the case.

I appreciate the feedback.

-Kurt

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 12:33 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: FTP actual delivery confirmation

Hi Kurt
Unfortunately not all ftp software/systems return the same values For example, here is what we have for Transfer complete
226 File transfer completed successfully.
226 File transfer complete.
226 Transfer complete.
226 Transfer Complete
226 File receive OK.
226 File received ok
226 transfer complete
226 Transfer completed.
226 Transfer completed successfully

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill