VPM is enabled in IBM i 7.1 with TR 3 and I think requires POWER7 (but don't quote me on that last part.)

Same rules as for Linux - Must be completely hosted including LAN - no switching of cards in and out of VPM partitions and no dedicated cards to the partition.

Yes one PC can be the console for many partitions with LAN console. Many Many in fact.

- L