From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Monnier, Gary
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:30 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Slew of FTP Jobs

Hi Jerry,

Ending *FTP will end all QTFTPxxxxx jobs (at least a V5R4 it does). Do
you have exit programs on the QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ, QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ
and QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON exit points? If you do and are logging events
can you tell who signed through FTP or what IP address submitted the
request? If not, you may want to think about putting some in place so
you can track who and from where your FTP server is being accessed.

The QIBM_QTMF_CLIENT_REQ exit point is fired when the AS/400 (i5, system
I, i6 or your choice) FTP client is used.

The QIBM_QTMF_SVR_LOGON exit point fires when someone signs on through
FTP - local client or external.

The QIBM_QTMF_SERVER_REQ exit point fires when the FTP server is
accessed.

Gary