So just to update you all with the resolution here. I contacted IBM and they had me download a test PTF that has a tool for cleaning up SNADS distributions. I had to run 4 commands, some of which ran for a few hours. The final step which deleted the identified objects took 10 hours to run. The result was that they recovered the "missing" space. They were at 76% when the process started and it was reduced to 63% of 493.9 G total. That 13% reduction roughly matches the 15% that PRTDSKINF showed was allocated to SNADS, etc.

FYI - Just in case someone else runs into the same situation

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java