From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 09:48 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Save multiple libraries to a savfile then restore

Forget save files. Save to "virtual tape" instead. You can do a
CRTDUPTAP from virtual to physical to get a copy offsite.

Read the Infocenter.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: "Willie J. Moore" <WJMoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 10/24/2011 12:37 PM

I would like to save multiple libraries to a savfile and then save that
savfile to tape.
My question is how would a restore work. Would I just do a 'Restore
save file object' (stsavfobj) for each library that I needed to restore?
The restored library would have to be restored to a hold library. That
would then let me work with the restored library. I would only have to
resire one (1) library out of the savfile group.
The reason I am looking into this is so if we lose a tape drive we can
still run our nightly processing (saves, etc). Then when the drive is
up and working we can save the savfile to tape.
Any comments and ideals would be appreciated.
Thanks,
William Moore
California Fine Wire
805-489-5144