Could you please explain further exactly where this change is made? I am
having the issue also but can't figure out where to make thee changes.
Thanks.

[1]Inactive hide details for ---10/20/2011 02:51:32 PM---After applying
solution found in this IBM document, a mystery is solved.---10/20/2011
02:51:32 PM---After applying solution found in this IBM document, a
mystery is solved. A profile on our V5R4 machi

From: <elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/20/2011 02:51 PM
Subject: QNTC: Windows Policy Settings will need to be changed to allow
R540 client to authenticate to the Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 or Windows
2008/2008 R2 AD Level:

After applying solution found in this IBM document, a mystery is solved.
A profile on our V5R4 machine, created back in 2005, is finally able to
connect to network servers with WRKLNK and CPYTOIMPF.

This is a happy day.
Eric

IBM Software Technical Document

Document Number: 578612192
Functional Area: Integrated File System
SubFunctional Area: QNTC
SubSubFunctional Area: General
Product: I5/OS (5761SS100); IBM I (5770SS100); OS/400 BASE (5722SS100)
Release: 5.4.5; 6.1; 6.1.1; 7.1; V5R4M0; V5R4M5; V6R1M0; V6R1M1;
V7R1M0

Document Title:QNTC Required Change for Accessing Windows 2008/2008 R2
Servers
Document Description:
The following
Windows Policy Settings will need to be changed to allow R540 client to
authenticate to the Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 or Windows 2008/2008 R2
AD Level:

"Network Security: Do not Store LANMAN hash on next password change" New
Value = Disabled:
"Network Security: LAN Manager Authentication level" New Value Send LM &
NTLM - use

After the changes are saved, the user profiles passwords will need to be
reset to allow the LANMAN Hash to be generated. Note with the
Application of the PTFs for R610 and R710, these changes are not
required. The PTFs enable the NTLMv2 support.

list
at [3]http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone this email or any information
contained in this email. If you have received this email in error, please
advise the sender by replying to this email, and delete this email
immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Western Dental Services, Inc. Finally, the recipient should check
this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Western Dental
Services, Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.