I use port 992, secure. It is very easy to set up, and it provides encription from end to end.

Pat Barber wrote:

I have had a need to work at home recently and using the same VPN
client I use at the office, I loaded it on my laptop.

I have a "very" generic 1.5mbps DSL connection at home and that works
fine for email and news groups,etc, but the Sonicwall VPN client does not
want to stay up for any extended period unless I am actively typing on the
the emulation screen.

If I walk away for a few minutes, the vpn dies....

This does NOT happen at the office, so I assume the ADSL is the problem
but maybe the VPN has a setting that I am missing...

The log doesn't show anything but I may not have that set correctly either since
I have never had to use it...

Anybody out there that uses Sonicwall VPN ?