From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DeLong, Eric
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:23 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: i Tax Rate Software

Bill,

" Note the iSeries version is no longer supported by the VERTEX Group."
Please be careful with this statement...

On the IBM i, Vertex sells TWO possible solutions; Sales and Use Tax
(LEGACY), or Sales Tax Q-Series.

The LEGACY product is not being enhanced anymore, but I believe they
still support it (take your money) and provide data updates. It is
written in RPG (3) and is NOT worth the storage it takes to load...

The Q series product is ILE, written in C and SQL, and is fully
supported. Vertex does not seem to understand that RPG ILE developers
can use the Q series product, as I've never heard of anyone else using
Q-series in RPG ILE. This product is normally what they sell to ERP
customers, where the ERP vendor has written the interface to implement
Vertex for their environment.

Hth,
-Eric DeLong