I just installed a pair of 3027 memory DIMMs in an iSeries 270. The system
IPLs ok, but no additional memory is detected. Status in WRKHDWRSC is "Not
detected".

The two DIMMs were placed in the C-D slots. Right next to the other two
DIMMs in the system.

Does this mean the memory is faulty?

thanks,

Work with Processor
Resources

Opt Resource Type-model Status
Text
CEC01 9406-270 Operational Main Card
Enclosure
PN01 247D Operational System Control
Panel
MP01 2249-000 Operational System Processor
Card
PV02 2248-001 Operational Processor Capacity
Card
PV01 1517-001 Operational Interactive
Card
SP01 2249 Operational Service Processor
Card
BCC01 Operational Bus
Adapter
BCC02 Operational Bus
Adapter
MS01 3022-000 Operational 128MB Main Storage
Card
MS02 3022-000 Operational 128MB Main Storage
Card
MS03 3027-000 Not detected 0MB Main Storage
Card
MS04 3027-000 Not detected 0MB Main Storage
Card

Resource name . . . . . . . : MS03
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . : 0MB Main Storage Card
Type-model . . . . . . . . . : 3027-000
Serial number . . . . . . . : 28-2099027
Part number . . . . . . . . : 0000004N6547

Physical location:
Frame ID 1
Card position MB1C