From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:36 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Classes for IBMi/iSeries?

Bob,

Now come up to 2008, when Power Systems were announced. Power Systems was
a major hardware announcement merging the System i and System p hardware -
in fact, a bigger deal than S/36 and S/38 to AS/400. At the same time, it
was announced that Power Systems can run IBM i, AIX and Linux - not just a
single OS.

More than a faceplate change.

If you stopped calling the S/36 that name when the AS/400 came out in
1988, then you should have stopped calling IBM i on Power by any of its
previous names when it was announced in 2008.

Trevor