Copying from Larry's note:

Using NFS Served Image Catalogs for PTFs only requires IBM i 6.1 or newer.

Using NFS Served Image Catalogs for Upgrades requires IBM I 6.1 or newer
*AND POWER6 or newer hardware.

How can this be more clear? IBM i 6.1 has the software technology for NFS served Image Catalogs and POWER6 has the additional hardware technology for the IPL portion needed for an upgrade. Is there a different question?

V5R4 does not play. You can no longer order it, and I'll guess (absolutely no knowledge of IBMs plans) that end of support will be announced soon, giving a window of another 12 months of support. Then it goes the way of V5R3, no longer supported.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 9/28/2011 6:43 AM, Jack Kingsley wrote:
Is this scenario supported on 5.4 or only on 6.1 and up.