Sam--

Letting IBM on your system is generally not an issue.

When we download PTFs we normally download the whole cume because we have 2 machines to update, and we just send the one copy to the other machine once the first is doen.

Normally the download goes to a file on your PC that you can upload to the IFS. However, if you have a file share to a folder in the IFS, the download writes directly to a file in the IFS.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS-- don't forget to download and apply all of the HIPERs, database, and Group (WRKPTFGRP) PTF collections as well. We normally download all the groups that apply to us and load them all into the system. When we load the PTFs we let the system sort out any duplicates.

PPS-- if you haven't used Image Catalogs they make the install process a whole lot faster
.
.
.