Greetings.

Second attempt. I renamed the program example to protect the innocent. It is the same program... five days apart.

I am writing some object comparison programs to compare for changes over a period of time. I use DSPOBJD to an outfile and compare against a previously saved file. Two questions:

What is the purpose of `Changed Date`? Does that change when the program is used (last used date) or when a physical change occurs to the structure?

Also I see that RPG programs are growing in size. There have been no modifications that I can see in the source. The only thing changed is the size field.

Size
Create Dt Change Dt

Old- INVTR909 *PGM RPGLE 7,589,888 Item to Item
Transfer Process 04/04/2009 04/04/2009
New- INVTR909 *PGM RPGLE 7,733,248 Item to Item
Transfer Process 04/04/2009 04/04/2009

How did that occur?

Thanks,

Robert Munday