I'm making a strong assumption that he loaded the 64bit version. The only thing I may have done differently is to not install into the default directories. To avoid the new M$ security idiocy on Win7 I install all my OEM software into a /utilities directory on the C: drive. I have not had any issues once the service package was installed.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects