Kirk, how about this:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/WikiPtype/VIOS_Monitoring

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Since VIOS is a subset of AIX there are not any really good tools to
monitor I/O there. lvmstat may be the best way to figure that out. I
have not checked to see if that command is in VIOS, but it may be, it's
a staple in AIX. I don't know if MPG's power tools can monitor VIOS, I
know they have one that monitors most Unix variants.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects